Friday, March 23, 2012

It's the little things....

I am not a "girly-girl."  I have never been one to wear a lot of make-up and am always a low-maintenance hair type of girl.  (Pony-tails RULE!)  My getting-ready-routine is quick and easy.  I have never been one to take forever to leave the house and have never, ever been a fan of all of that smell-good stuff.

However, a few years ago, I fell in love with a scent from Bath and Body Works.  It was just perfect for me!  It was light and fresh (no super flowery scents for me!) and it came in a shower gel and lotion.  A multi-tasking product:  I could get clean and smell yummy!!  So, out of character, I bought the whole set!!

I was in heaven.  I actually thought that I was turning the corner and heading a little ways down the girly-girl path.  When I used the last of my shower gel, I rushed back to Bath and Body Works only to find that they had discontinued my favorite scent!!  I think the lady behind the counter felt sorry for me as I just stared at her in disbelief.  I am pretty sure she thought I was going to melt down and fall to the floor screaming and crying, but I didn't.  I gathered myself together and calmly walked out of the store only to frantically call my sister in Arizona to moan and groan and whine and cry about how unfair this world was.  Being the loving sister she is, she checked the Bath and Body Works Outlet (isn't she lucky!) and found a few more bottles, bought them and shipped them across the country to me.

Unfortunately, they eventually ran out too and this time no wonderful package arrived from Arizona with refills.  They really weren't going to make them anymore.  It was a sad, sad day.  I have continued to think about that lovely scent and although I have tried several other products and scents, nothing has come close to my lovely Lemon-Vanilla Bath and Body Works shower gel.

You can only imagine my joy when I saw an e-mail from BB&W with the header  "For a limited time:  Lemon-Vanilla products are back!"  I did not pass go.  I did not collect $200.  I clicked on the link, order FIVE bottles and jumped for joy!

The package arrived today!!  I am a happy (and yummy smelling) woman!!  It's the little things....


No comments:

Post a Comment