Thursday, March 22, 2012

Big changes are coming!

Six years ago, Aaron and I started planning the "next steps" in our lives and ministry.  We had been involved with youth ministry vocationally for many, many years and although we loved it (and all of our kids!), we felt that God was calling us to pastoral ministry.  (An important note here--Aaron is going to be the one who is going to be the pastor, however we feel strongly that we were called to this kind of ministry as a couple.)  After two years of much prayer and planning, we packed up our family and all of our belongings and moved from Tennessee to Wilmore, KY. 


We are approaching graduation (at least Aaron is) from Asbury Theological Seminary in May.  And although I do a little happy dance every time I think about Aaron graduating, reality soon hits that with graduation comes a great big change!  We will be packing up our belongs and moving from Wilmore, KY to somewhere in the Holston Conference of the United Methodist Church.  (I can't tell you where yet, but stay tuned because I will be able to soon!)



Transitions are difficult even when they are good transitions. Transitions are hard even when they mean that a fulfillment of a calling from your Creator and Savior is being fulfilled.  The details of moving, saying good-bye to jobs, friends, soccer teams, schools, etc seem to just come in waves like those of the ocean onto the sand.  Some are small and others knock you down! 

I just want to warn you that I will be using this forum as a way to process my emotions--all of them...the good, the bad and the ugly!  For now, I am holding on to Jeremiah 29:11:



2 comments:

  1. Just so you know, I'm living in denial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so excited for all of you to enter into this new life journey. It would be lie if I said that I was "all good" about what I know. But I also know that God would not open this door if there was not a reason.

    As always you-all will be in my thoughts and prayers. (and tears)

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete