Saturday, March 31, 2012

A day of (much needed) rest

I got to spend a day in Berea, KY this week.  Me and a few of my colleagues traveled to the small town to do some business.  While they were in a meeting, I got to spend some time BY MYSELF!  Although I do not require a huge amount of alone time, I was in desperate need of some time to just be still with my own thoughts without someone needing something from me.

I don't do "quiet" time well.  You will never see me just sitting still.  So walking around on a beautiful spring day admiring God's handiwork and the handiwork of others was a great way for me to quiet my mind.

Here are a few pictures from my day in Berea.

There were tons of spring flowers in bloom.
I really don't know what the deal was with these giant hands, but they were all over the place.  I couldn't help but imagine them being a hand of God just waiting for me to sit in it and rest.
One of the craft stores.  I meandered forever looking at all kinds of beautiful pieces of art.
I know that we are all busy, but it really is important for us to take time out of our crazy, hectic lives and remember that each one of us are beautifully and uniquely made.  Spending time admiring the beauty around us, helps us remember that we are beautiful to God.  I hope that you can have some peaceful moments in your life this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment