Thursday, August 4, 2011

The things I learned at 628 West Valley View Circle

This week, we had a great visit with my grandparents, Ray and Shirley Hunter.   Since moving to Kentucky I have really missed them!  It was nice to sit and visit.  I got to thinking about how instrumental they have been in my life.  We moved them about 2 years ago to a new condo out of the house they had lived in for as long as I can remember.  As we were packing up the house and moving out the furniture, I started reminiscing.  I begin to think about all the things that I would take away from those memories.  So, I decided to chronicle some of those.  I plan on making this a regular column.  Hope you enjoy!!

Without further ado....The things I learned at 628 West Valley View Circle.


  • To swim
  •  That hard work truly does pay off
  • Pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters really do add up
  • Collard greens and lasagna are a really good combination
  • No matter what or who has broken your heart, an hour swinging on the porch swing with a loving Mamaw will fix it
  • How to mix and pour concrete
  • That recycling is important (before it became the "hip" thing to do)
  • Ice Cream Oreo Cake is the best dessert EVER!
  • Santa Claus brings pajamas to good girls on Christmas Eve (in person!!)
  • Cleanliness is next to Godliness


    1 comment:

    1. Little girls can trully have a real playhouse. Snakes don't go where marigold grow: you can cook green beans for like 5 hrs and they are the best! Sealing the driveway is important. Many many memories.

      ReplyDelete