Thursday, August 25, 2011

DIY--Office Makeover

A couple weeks ago, we decided that the Master of Social Work office needed some help.  It was just a jumble of furniture and stuff left over from other offices on campus.  I thought I might document it for all of you to see and experience.
Here is my office prior to the BIG makeover!!   

This is the office just prior to removing all of the old furniture.

It was a mess.  There was no organization and TONS of things.


This was the only drawer I had...nothing else on that monstrous desk. 

This is what my desk looked just about every minute of every day.  It was difficult to be efficient.

After two days of cleaning and building new furniture, here's what it looks like!!

 This is a picture of the new office shot from the same angle as the first picture.

 The new mailbox area with our cool new boxes for storage.

 These were a garage sale find several months ago.  My sister-in-law embellished them.  
They look great!

  This is the new "refreshment center."  It houses the coffee pot, all its accessories, the fridge and the microwave.  Love this too!

 Our new printer area.  I absolutely needed more storage for all of our "things."

 My new desk!  I can actually be efficient!!

These paintings by my girls were the inspiration for the whole color scheme.  It's amazing what some ingenuity, elbow grease and a few cans of spray paint will do!


3 comments:

  1. Nice!... for as big as that desk was, it sure didn't offer much work space before... and now your back isn't to the door!

    Maybe I'll make it by to see it for real some time. I think about stopping all the time, but as you know I never do. Hmmmm...

    better yet, maybe I should have you all over for lunch at the inn sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job in arranging the stuff! Organisation is truly one key in having a more productive and comfortable work area. :)

    ReplyDelete