Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Confessions of a Soccer Mom....Week #1

I have a very full plate.  I work full time, go to grad school part time and juggle soccer schedules, church schedules and the kids' school schedules.  I am often asked how I manage to do all of it.  My short answer is, "I don't."  Lots of things just don't get done.  I think us women put WAY too much pressure on ourselves and need to know that there is no "perfect mom" out there!!

I thought I would share with you in a weekly blog titled "Confessions of a Soccer Mom" some of the more telling things that I just let slide.    Most will be funny, some will be embarrassing but I bet you will find them all entertaining!  You know what they say..."Confession is good for the soul!"

So my confession for this week is....I still have Christmas decorations up in my house and it is AUGUST.  Now the tree has been down since January, but I love my snowmen decorations and I always try to stretch the time I can leave them up, but I think I have gone  just a little too long this time.  I just never seem to have the time to dig in the closet for the box of Christmas things to put them away.


Just took this picture this morning...you would think all of my snowmen would have melted in these sweltering temperatures!!

I even have my snowmen curtains on the windows.





So, now I am wondering...do I bother taking them down or just leave them up.  Christmas decorating  is just 3.5 months away, right??

1 comment:

  1. Hey gang!

    Sorry the comments weren't working yesterday. Hopefully it is fixed now!

    ReplyDelete