Monday, January 12, 2009

A home.

We went back to Church this morning. I sat there in the congregation praising and worshipping and I felt the tears welling up in my eyes. I was moved at the feeling of peace and comfort that I felt. I knew that I was where God wanted me to be. I’ve had that feeling before. As I would worship with my church family in Johnson City I was more often than not engulfed by that assurance that I was where God wanted me to be.

I miss my Wesley friends dearly. That was evident this past week when Anna cut her finger and life at work was hard. I missed having the ability to make a phone call and have someone just come get Abby, bring a meal or just go grab a coffee. It’s coming slowly, but I have to think about it and work at it just a little bit harder. I miss making one phone call and knowing that my sisters in Christ are spreading the word and praying as I struggle. I miss receiving those phone calls as well.

I have been constantly reminded during this process of two things.

God has a plan for me and that plan is to prosper me and to not harm me. That promise has been my rock. When I felt as if my world was spinning out of control, that knowledge was what kept me from dissolving into tears.

God’s timing is perfect. This has been hard for me. I have to constantly remind myself that I am not the one in control. I have to resist the temptation to make decisions hastily and without consulting Him. I like to be a woman of action…get things done; check them off my list. It has been incredibly hard to trust that it will all be good. Even when I have messed up and “rushed the process,” I take great comfort that God can work all things (even my mistakes) to his glory.

I can not wait to see what else God has to teach me these next four years. I know that it will not be easy at times. It never has been, but I am convinced that God has a great plan. Will you help me remember that? Will you remind me that it is not me that is in control?

No comments:

Post a Comment