Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Pay it forward

Usually when the phone rings early in the morning, it is not good news, but today my friend Michele called and wanted to go to breakfast.  Never one to pass up a fun time with her (or good food!), I accepted.  We were off to find somewhere yummy for breakfast and were a little bummed to find the first place we wanted to go to not open.  It was Cracker Barrel to the rescue!!

We ordered our food and it was yummy!  I laughingly took a picture of all of our dishes and joked that I was going to write a blog about what the end-of-the-semester stress makes faculty and staff do!!


After we had eaten as much as we could, the waitress brought our tickets.  We were not in a huge hurry to get to the office, so we sat and chatted for a while.  We were getting ready to get our tickets and go pay when our waitress showed back up and took the tickets off our table and crumpled them up.  I was in utter shock!  I wish I could have seen my face as I just stared at her.  

She explained that today was our lucky day!  Our bills had been payed for by someone we didn't even know.  Evidently, there is a gentleman that frequents this particular Cracker Barrel and often chooses a table at random and pays the bill!

What a great way to start a day!!  Breakfast with my friend Michele and it was free to boot!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that is so sweet. What a nice thing to do. It could not have happened to two nicer ladies.
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete